- Hair loss
- Hair Extensions
A Nioxin consultation is divided into three steps:
1. Determine the need
2. Discuss and educate
3. Recommend a customized plan
Step 1: Determine the need
a. Factors and known causes
Genetic predisposition is a major contributing factor to hair loss.
- Hormonal balance/ imbalance
- Inherited maternally or paternally
- Affects both women and men
When hair follicles are sensitive to internal and external factors, they have a shorter life cycle, finer hair, miniature, replace thick hair:
- A positive or negative stress in life
- Stress can cause poor absorption of vitamins and nutrients
Hair follicles have a daily need of vitamins, proteins and amino acids to produce healthy hair. Although the hair follicle forms a strand of hair through a synthesis of proteins and carbohydrates, nutrition and diet greatly affect the hair.
- Poor diet - fast food or processed foods are high in animal fats, they are over-processed and have little nutritional value.
- Aggressive diet - A fast weight loss affects the level of amino acids in the body, and the absorption of vitamins and nutrients.
- Insufficient energy - lack of iron, zinc and biotin.
The hair follicle is sensitive to internal and external changes. Hair loss can be a side effect of taking certain medications or treatments, including:
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Birth Control
- Thyroid medication, blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and acne
The healthy body does not necessarily produce healthy hair. One well-known cause for hair loss is a malfunction of the thyroid gland, causing hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism:
- A loss of volume - large amount of hair in the shower, sink or on the brush
- Changing hair texture – hair becomes dry, brittle and easily tangled.
- Pregnancy, childbirth and menopause.
- Changes in life caused by a hormonal imbalance often affects healthy hair, temporarily or permanently.
Many experts attribute the acceleration of hair problems to environmental pollutants. It is considered to be the most important factor in hair loss in men and in women, particularly.