- Hair loss
- Hair Extensions
Scalp Preparation for Hair Piece Bonding
Hair-wearers must ensure at all times, that the scalp is properly maintained, since it is the most important structure for bonding. If the scalp is not cared for efficiently, bonding will not be durable. Even if the liquid adhesive and tapes are strong, scalps that are oily, sweaty or has leftover adhesive residue will not cooperate well with hair attachments. The hair extension will deteriorate a lot faster if the head is unclean.
All females enjoy themselves when the scalp is not itchy and the hair extension will stick appropriately and last longer, so it is best to care the scalp for effective grooming. In all honest opinion, no individual will feel comfortable wearing extensions that look untidy and unprofessional. Having hair extensions that are beautifully groomed will elevate the hair-wearer’s confidence and promote an impressive effect, compliments will be wide range.
If you have intensions on applying hair-extensions to your hair, ensure that the scalp is properly prepared to accommodate the attachments. There are special techniques that can be applied to properly maintain the scalp to perfection.
When planning to prepare the scalp, consider methods that are effective. The following questions may be of interest to you for the perfect scalp preparation:
- Are you fearful of stinky hair? It’s not an abnormality, since the majority is. The obstacle between your hairpiece and skin adhesives can be alleviated with scalp guards that promote stronger bonds, retain and deodorize sebum, therefore controlling the growth of bacteria.
- Are you having issue with leftover adhesive residue? It is very untidy when the unit is cleaned and there is still residue left back from the adhesive. By using the most effective remover, your problem can be resolved very easily. Some individuals oftentimes will use alcohol to eliminate the stickiness of the residue, but adhesive removers are designed for that main purpose and are considered more effective to get the job done. Less pressure will be placed on the base of the hair system and the skin.
- Are the bonds ineffective in proving long lasting effects? Once the scalp is really clean and properly maintained, the attachments will stick easily and last longer than if the scalp is not prepared properly. An exfoliating scalp scourer should be used to remove the sticky residue. This will remove all of the leftover residues and dead skin cells. These specialized accessories are usually instilled with small mineral beads; this enables a deeper cleansing for the scalp. An exfoliating mitt or glove should be used to prepare the scalp.
Proper Scalp Preparation Step-by-Step Instructions
If your hair system bond breaks a lot earlier than it is expected despite the use of strong adhesive and hairpiece tape, then you must ensure that your scalp is properly cleaned first. Even if 1% of the adhesive residue lefts behind unknowingly on your head before attachment, it will prematurely weaken your bond.
Moreover, body chemistry plays an important role in ensuring the time duration of your bond. An adhesive which works well for somebody may not turn out to be the finest solution for you. If an adhesive does not stick properly, at least you will know that an unclean head is not the problem. Here are some tips for preparing your scalp:
- Adhesive Remover
- Face Cloths
- Damp Towel
- Blow Dryer
- Scalp Prep
- Just Rite Positioning Spray
Step 1: Remove Adhesive Residue
Wipe off all the visible traces of adhesive residues from your scalp with the help of cloth or wet towel. With the help of adhesive remover and paper towel, rub strongly till your scalp is residue free.
- For improved results, spray some Just Rite Positioning Spray on your head and wipe with a towel. This allows soap to emulsify the oil-based adhesive remover.
Step 2: Wash your scalp
Thoroughly wash your head twice using an exfoliating scalp scrub and rinse carefully. Repeat this 4 to 5 times to make sure no residue is left behind.
A small amount of adhesive residue can break down your bond. So to achieve better results, wash your hair and scalp with Cleansing Shampoo or Clarifying Shampoo. This balances the pH present in your skin.
Step 3: Dry your scalp
Dry your head after taking shower using a blow dryer or towel in order to remove any excessive moisture.
Moreover, you must shave or remover any hair from the bonding area. For closer shave use an electric razor.
Step 3: Apply water-proof sealant
Lastly, it is highly recommended to apply waterproof sealant like our Scalp Protector on your head. This will protect your scalp and increase adhesion with the adhesive or tape.
Once you have completed steps 1 to 4 given above, you are all set for attaching your hair system.